- Nutrition Counseling
- Parasite Prevention Programs
- Surgical spays and neuters
When problems do arise we may need special tests to help us make a diagnosis or monitor a condition. For these occurrences we have both in-housing testing as well as outside laboratory consultations.
- Serum Chemistries,Hematology, Serology (blood work)
- Parasite Testing (fecal analysis)
- Bacterial and Fungal Culture
- Digital Radiology (x-rays)
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Ultrasound: on call as needed.
Treatments and Surgical Care
Our hospital is fully equipped for most elective, non-elective, and emergency procedures.
- Up-to-date Anesthetic Techniques and Monitoring equipment
- Soft Tissue Surgeries
- Intensive Care
- Referrals to Specialists – When Extraordinary Problems Arise
Good preventative care begins with attention to these basics:
- A Nutritious Diet
- Appropriate Chew Treats/Toys
- Regular Brushing Teeth at Home
- Regular Dental Check-ups and Professional Cleaning
We have a State-of-the-Art dental machine equipped with special instruments and ultrasonic scalers to remove plaque and tartar. It’s estimated that without proper dental care, 80% of dogs and 70% of cats will show signs of oral disease by age three.
Therapeutic Laser Treatments
The Companion Therapy laser treats a variety of ailments in pets from skin lesions to arthritis, and Irritable Bowel Disease to post operative pain and inflammation. Treatments are fast and pain free, many pets even find them relaxing enough to doze off! Visit www.litecure.com/companion for more information on the variety of ways laser therapy can benefit your pet and to read real patient success stories!
Available for busy Pet Parents
- Nail trim
- Anal gland expression
- Medicated bath
- Breed specific
- Hygienic groom
- Science Diet food kept in stock
- Royal Canin and Purina food by special order
- Lupine Harnesses/Collars and Leashes
- Gentle Leaders
- Healthy Treats
- Kong Toys, Nylabones
- Interactive weight loss toys for Dogs and Cats
Eagle Mobile Veterinary Services
Offers on call diagnostic Ultrasound services to our clinic and surrounding area.
Dr. Joanne Thompson DVM, MS, CCRP
Joanne has been in private companion animal practice in Pennsylvania and North Carolina since graduation in 1988 from North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine. She also holds a Masters Degree from Clemson University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. In the past few years she has been she developing her interest in Ultrasound diagnostics and completed over 400 hours in Ultrasound training in 2015. Joanne lives in Wilmington with her husband and three dogs.
Payment Policy: Payment is due at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks, and most credit cards. (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)